Cittasaṅkhāro , cetasikā

Imo, yes. Feeling perception are not citta itself

Citta is not mano. Citta is the “heart”; that is defiled or undefiled (AN 1.49– AN1.50). Mano is the “intellect”. The state/quality of citta will influence the intellect.

Citta is the “heart”; defiled or undefiled. Thinking is produced from the defilement or undefilement. 4th aggregate is many things: defilement, intention, thinking, mental imagery, etc. :slightly_smiling_face:

So what is it that you mean by citta ? Where is the heart ?

The heart is nowhere in particular. Citta refers to the quality of mind (defilement vs undefilement), which can affect the clarity of consciousness and mano.

from Payutto’s book Buddhadhamma

Earlier you said citta isnt feeling perception . Now you says citta are not mano . Then you said cittasaṅkhāro is “volition” , which i assume is 4th aggregates . Lastly you quote manosaṅkhāra as volition . Sorry this is a mess .

I doubt i said the above. I may have said in ‘Theravada’ cittasaṅkhāro is considered to be volition. But, myself, no, I do not regard cittasankhara to be ‘volition’. I offered my opinion that cittasankharo is perception & feeling.

Yes. I tried my best but, yes, its a mess on your side. I said if a person does not understand the basics about what feelings condition, they cannot understand the Buddha Teaching. :slightly_smiling_face:

Okay thanks , but , i guess you quoted so many thing , such as citta as heart yet they are not feeling perception but condition by them , mano as intellect , thing called citta thinks etc . It appears from what you have said , mano is different from citta .

Yes, the above is the most basic teaching of the Buddha:

1. Pleasant feeling conditions greedy/lustful citta
  2. Unpleasant/painful feeling conditions angry/hateful citta
  3. Indifferent feeling conditions confused citta.

Yes. The above idea leads to less confusion. :pray:t2: :slightly_smiling_face:

Appreciates all your replies above although my understanding is quite different from yours .