Congratulations to AlexM on his ordination

(the artist formerly known as AlexM)

How is this explained then?

2 Likes

Oh I’m very sorry. I was making a humorous reference to when Prince changed his name to an unpronounceable symbol. The media started referring to him simply as “the artist formerly known as Prince” because nobody could figure out how to say his new name :joy:

As a mod recently pointed out though, humor may not carry well across cultures and is probably inappropriate for this forum so I apologise for my (accidentally) misleading speech :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

What are your interests in meditation?

Liberation. You? :smile:

2 Likes

I am an insight meditator by temperament, and follow the Satipatthana sutta as a central focus to the internal integrity of the Pali Canon. No I don’t want to chat via PM.

Sadhu, sadhu, sadhu :pray:t5::pray:t5::pray:t5:

4 Likes

May your journey bring you final liberation.

4 Likes

Thanks. One year later, still going strong! :mechanical_arm:

Of my 10 ordination buddies, 3 are left:

22 Likes

Sadhu! Sadhu! Sadhu!

May each year bring you a step closer to Liberation :pray:
:smiley: :man_cartwheeling: :sparkling_heart: :relieved:

8 Likes

Sadhu sadhu sadhu to all who continue. :pray:

Of the other seven, were some intending a temporary period in robes? (I’m aware that this can be a type of coming-of-age rite-of-passage in Thailand.)

9 Likes

Yeah, that’s right. We had one long-term monk disrobe after less than a month in robes (!) and the monk on the right of this photo wasn’t planning on staying but did. The rest disrobed as they originally intended: after the three months of the rainy season.

12 Likes

He looks soo young. :pray:

4 Likes

Nothing is permanent. All things change ! . May you develop in wisdom to keep you on the right path to liberation.

5 Likes

Sadhu sadhu sadhu @Khemarato.bhikkhu

6 Likes

Congratulations, Khemarato Bhikkhu! :pray: :pray: :pray:

And thank you once again for showing up on our doorstep in robes of white that day not so long ago. :heart: :heart: :heart:

9 Likes

Oh psh… A very easy doorstep to show up at. Thank you once again for your bountiful and dependable generosity and hospitality!

Long live the Karl! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

AN3.24:1.1: “Mendicants, these three people are very helpful to another.
AN3.24:1.2: What three?
AN3.24:1.3: The person who has enabled you to go for refuge to the Buddha, the teaching, and the Saṅgha.
AN3.24:1.4: This person is very helpful to another.
AN3.24:2.1: Furthermore, the person who has enabled you to truly understand: ‘This is suffering’ … ‘This is the origin of suffering’ … ‘This is the cessation of suffering’ … ‘This is the practice that leads to the cessation of suffering’.
AN3.24:2.2: This person is very helpful to another.
AN3.24:3.1: Furthermore, the person who has enabled you to realize the undefiled freedom of heart and freedom by wisdom in this very life, and live having realized it with your own insight due to the ending of defilements.
AN3.24:3.2: This person is very helpful to another.
AN3.24:3.3: These are the three people who are very helpful to another person.
AN3.24:4.1: And I say that there is no-one more helpful to another than these three people.
AN3.24:4.2: And I also say that it’s not easy to repay these three people by bowing down to them, rising up for them, greeting them with joined palms, and observing proper etiquette for them; or by providing them with robes, alms-food, lodgings, and medicines and supplies for the sick.”

To me the people who first introduced me to the Buddha’s teaching 35 years ago will always be very close to my heart. They always have been, even long before I came across this lovely little Sutta.

:pray::pray::pray:

13 Likes

Congratulations! :grinning:

4 Likes

Congratulations. Nice picture

2 Likes

Congratulations Bhante @Khemarato.bhikkhu !:smile: :pray:

1 Like