Dead link for "In the Buddha's Words" on the Start page

The link for the book on the Start page is now dead with what looks like a restructuring of the Wisdom publications website.

As a result, the links mentioned in two posts are also dead:

Thank you for all your work! I hope this feedback is helpful.

4 Likes

Thanks, I will look into this.

In point of fact, it is the loss of dead links to external websites that originally prompted us to start hosting our own texts, originally we just had links.

2 Likes

Hi Bodhipala,
As Bhante says, loosing links is annoying.

This page has most of them: In the Buddha's Words: An Anthology of Discourses from the Pali Canon Linked to SuttaCentral.net : Reading the Buddhist Scriptures of the Theravada Tradition

And the Ebooks on this page have the introductory material:

As for the mp3s I think they are around somewhere, but I’d have to look…

2 Likes

I suggest looking in @Khemarato.bhikkhu’s library:

Specifically:
3 Likes

Many thanks for all the efforts to provide new links! Sending warm greetings from Birken Forest Monastery in Canada. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes, there was a major restructure of the Wisdom site. All the materials on ReadingFaithfully.org have since been removed from the Wisdom site. They now only have very limited previews.

2 Likes

It’s great that you assembled it! The EPub of the Introductory material has been really useful - I’ve been using it for a small study group…

3 Likes

I’m really glad to hear that. Folks should know that the epub is just a zipped bundle of html files, so they are quite easily reused.

I just realized there is no pdf version. Would that be helpful?

PDF could be useful, but it’s easy to a tool like Calibre to manage formats. In this case I turned the EPub into Word format, so I could edit it to put in links to the suttas, and headings for each session (based on Bhikkhu Bodhi’s talks, which give a good idea of how much you can fit in in a discussion session!).

3 Likes

Oo. Those might be useful changes for my course, no?

2 Likes