Departing the Moderatorship

Hello my dear Dhamma friends,

I hope you’re well. I want to let you know that as of June 22nd, 2017 I will no longer be a moderator on this wonderful forum, of which I’ve been a part of for a little over the past two years. This decision has been in the works since November of last year, as I’ll be traveling to various monasteries and undertaking stewardships that will last for the better part of the next six months. I’m truly looking forward to not using internet for an extended period of time!

Anyways, I’d like to thank all of you for your wonderful discussions over the years and for being excellent kalyanamittos. You give me hope in the future of Dhamma discussion and the Theravada lineage as a whole.

Be nice to the moderators and admins, they do the best they can, and they’re truly excellent people and friends.

May you be well, happy, and peaceful, and may you find freedom from suffering. :pray:

33 Likes

Dear Brenna,

On behalf of the mods, admins, and community: Sadhu! Sadhu! :pray: :cake: :fireworks: :dancers:

Thanks so much for your work here. You have been a constant presence of wit, wisdom, and kindness, and have immeasurably enriched our little forum. I wish you all the best in your travels.

And please, if you do get a chance, drop by from time to time and let us know what you’re up to.

12 Likes

Even if I’m not the biggest fan of moderation around here, it’s not the worst in the world. And you’re a a devout fellow buddhist, so may you be well on your trip :pagoda:

3 Likes

Best wishes from SarathW!!!
Agree. We have a wonderful team in Sutta Central and they are doing a great Job.

4 Likes

All good wishes to you @Brenna. You’ve been a wonderful, kind, and wise moderator and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I will miss seeing you here regularly. Wishing you a happy, and fruitful upcoming journey,. Hope we’ll hear from you every now and then.

3 Likes

Anumodana for your trip! May it be of great benefit for yourself and others.

:red_car:

4 Likes

May more solitude bear Dhamma fruit. With metta. :deciduous_tree:

3 Likes

Thank you for your hard work in your time here! Wishing you all the very best in your endevours!

with metta

3 Likes

Congratulations and best wishes for your future. And thank you so much for your good work here - your contributions have been so wonderful!

Any chance you will be at Aloka Vihara in January when I get there?

3 Likes

Good luck, Brenna.

3 Likes

Thank you all for your wonderfully kind words, they were a heartwarming thing to wake up to!

Indeed, I shall definitely be popping in from time to time (probably just to post a snarky meme or cat pictures or something :wink:).

Maybe! I haven’t really planned that far ahead yet, but I would love to visit Aloka Vihara :heart_exclamation:

4 Likes

Thank you and good luck in all your endeavors in the path to liberation.
With Metta

3 Likes

Thank you for your service, @Brenna :cop:

Best wishes on your journey. :pagoda::bhikkhuni:

3 Likes

Dear Brenna, thank you for your many insights, kindnesses and skilled moderation. It sounds as though you have a wonderful adventure in front of you, and it will be of great interest to see what the next chapter of your journey brings you.

3 Likes

Thank you Brenna for your service to the community!

3 Likes

Bye, Friends! Be well. :pray:

15 Likes

Que bueno!

1 Like