Dependent origination by Ajahn Brahmali

It appears the link to this has been a bit buried in the threads, so I thought it would be of benefit to make it more easily accessible for people :slight_smile: :pray:

13 Likes

The most frightening sort of suffering is the prospect of a bad rebirth.
ā€“Ajahn Brahmali

:pray: :heart:

5 Likes

Ajahn Brahmali on Transcendent Dependent Origination, given at Dhammaloka, Perth, W. AU on 23 March 2012 (?republished 2 May 2016?)

edit: One published 23 March 2012 by ā€œBSWAā€ and one republished 2 May 2016 by ā€œAjahnBrahm BSWAā€. Flowers behind Ajahn appear to be the same.

Sadhu, sadhu, sadhu!

2 Likes

I believe there were two talks on the same topic through the years, right bhante @Brahmali?

When I scanned this quote I thought it said ā€œbad breathā€ :joy:

11 Likes

Yes, indeed. There are two very different talks. One is on dependent origination, whereas the other is on transcendental dependent origination, or dependent liberation. The latter is available here. Is this what you were referring to?

5 Likes

Dear Ajahn,

I hope you are well :anjal:

There are two different talks on dependent origination given by you at Dhammaloka (2009, 2016), and one on transcendental dependent origination (2012) :anjal:

The talk on dependent origination which is published together with the talk on transcendental dependent origination is from 2009.

Much metta.

4 Likes

Thanks for your reply bhante. Maybe it is time for a new talk on both mundane and transcendental dependent origination?! :anjal:

5 Likes

Sorry for the confusion; these were my sources.
*It appears Thereā€™s An Error On the Internet!*:open_mouth::confused::flushed:

Dhamma talk on Transcendent Dependent Origination

which seems identical to

One published 23 March 2012 by ā€œBSWAā€ and one republished 2 May 2016 by ā€œAjahnBrahm BSWAā€. Flowers behind Ajahn appear to be the same.

It is indeed different from a Dhamma talk by Ajahn on Dependent Origination given 17-04-2009

Glad we could clear this up. :wink: :anjal:

edit: I have added the information about BSWA youtube and AjahnBrahm BSWA to my comment above, in case mods want to tidy this thread.

3 Likes

May I add the discussion on dependent origination by Ajahn Brahmali hosted on the Dhammanet channel on YouTube?

Published on Jan 23, 2016
Part 1 of a 7 part series on paį¹­iccasamuppāda by Aj. Brahmali. Given at a weekend retreat in Sydney, January 2016. This part includes a short introduction to meditation and retreats.

Many, many thanks for your talks, Ajahn @Brahmali . Your discourses are a lifesaving raft for those of us adrift in the stormy sea of Samsara!
:pray::pray::pray:

4 Likes

Wonderful exposition, thank you! :pray:

1 Like