Discussion for Bilara users

It seems this call of yours was successful. Blake had more trouble than usually to get it going again, but at some point it started again all by itself, so he thinks there was some problem with the internet.

The Heavens themselves must have fixed it this time!

3 Likes

Hello @Carmi! How are you? I am good, but a smidgen desperate. Would you know when the next update to Khandhakas 1-10 is likely to make its way to SuttaCentral? I pressed the update button a few days ago. Especially for Kd.10 it’s quite a while ago. Sorry to be pushy, but I need to access the latest version.

Thanks for all your support!

3 Likes

Greetings Ajahn @Brahmali! Hongda has pushed the latest changes to SuttaCentral :pray:

2 Likes

Sādhu! Many thanks @HongDa for your excellent work. Much metta, Ajahn Brahmali

2 Likes

:pray: Bhante @Brahmali , My pleasure. :smile:

Hi everyone!

Today is the international translation day—so let’s celebrate our work!

We bring people together, help them understand each other, and, most importantly, help them understand the Buddha’s teaching.

:tada: :fireworks: :sparkles:

11 Likes

Bhante @sujato, I noticed that in SN 24 blurbs are lacking from SN 24.37 through to SN 96. Can they please be added? :pray:

1 Like

Hello @blake , hello all,
For the last week, my bilara page opens blank both in Chrome and Safari.

Rebooting the machine and clearing the browsing data didn’t resolve the issue.
When I tried opening bilara on iPad, it opened correctly. Must be something wrong with the machine, but I have no more ideas of possible solutions for the problem.

Any ideas?

1 Like

I’ve tried making some updates that may help with the blank screen problem.

You may have to hard refresh the browser or even “clear site data” for bilara.

2 Likes

Great! The updates work – hard refresh did the job this time!
Thank you :pray:

I was too early to celebrate. The screen is not blank anymore, but the log in to the GitHub doesn’t go through.

First time, the dialog window for logging into GitHub opens, however, after submitting the username and password bilara’s window doesn’t change and the dialog window for logging into GitHub doesn’t open anymore.

What do you see? Internal server error? @blake, it seems we all get our turn for this! :grimacing:

Hmm, Chrome is working fine for me but it’s not working in Firefox unless I unregister the service worker.

2 Likes

I believe I’ve resolved this issue (by removing the service worker, we also weren’t using it in prior incarnations of Bilara). Try refresh, hard refresh, if that’s not enough it might be necessary to unregister the service worker.

2 Likes

Ok, @blake , got there :partying_face:,
now back to work!
Thank you :pray:

@Blake, bilara does not accept changes to Kd.3. and Kd.16 for some reason. The other chapters of the Khandhakas seem to be fine. Do you have any wizardry at hand?

Update (6 hours later): It’s been like this for over 24 hours now.

1 Like

Is this still an issue? I’m seeing changes you made 22 hours ago.

1 Like

It’s still an issue. 22 hours ago would have been the most recent accepted change.

Is it still? I am having similar problems at the moment. I am getting a mixture of red and green dots, and after committing again repeatedly, the red ones eventually turn green. Often only after many attempts and a long time.

1 Like

Dear translators, just to let you know, @Snowbird and I have started work on making the needed updated to our site pages.

Our aim will be to make minimal changes aiming at:

• keeping information up to date
  • smoothing out the style

We won’t change more than we need to. The initial goal is to clear the list of pages that are “unsafe” to translate (listed as such because they are targeted for updates.)

You can find the list of unsafe pages here:

As of now we have updated the About page.

Also note that we have added a new Map, which requires a couple of translation strings in interface. (the map is live on staging if you want to see it; it’s not 100% yet).

https://staging.suttacentral.net/map?lang=en

1 Like