Easter Eggs đŸ„š on SuttaCentral

sadhu, sadhu, sadhu, & ty.

2 Likes

Yeah! @aconlan gets the :trophy: for finding this one.

That’s bad. What if you do a refresh? Does the console say anything?

A genderless monastic. In fact, we are all just monastics anyway.
Indeed, clicking on the DD link behind it explains it all.

5 Likes

For me it does exactly the same, but it’s on Chrome. :disappointed_relieved:

But - congrats, @aconlan, for finding this one! This night I had a good sleep instead of looking for Easter Eggs—which is probably much better for my health. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

There are font errors that appear on the other indexes as well but on the names index there is a 404 for the en.json file in the /static_names/ folder:

it looks like it should be pointing to the /static_names-page/ instead. Like:

client/localization/elements/static_names-page/en.json

Thanks! I’m glad you slept well :grinning::pray:

1 Like

Changed to /static_names-page/ in these 2 places and it seems to be running correctly on my localhost:

2 Likes

Thanks. The localhost is a few steps ahead of the actual site so maybe with the next upgrade this problem will disappear. Let’s keep an eye on it. The localization should not be a problem. It just checks what language the user has (either English or Polish right now) and uses the translated strings for that one (although we don’t have Polish strings so it uses English as a fallback).

1 Like

Just to clarify, the path that these 2 files are pointing to doesn’t exist. So it was broken on localhost as well before I changed it and retested it. I’m not sure why that would prevent the content from displaying but it seemed to. :pray:

If I change the 2 paths back to what they were, it breaks again:

1 Like

4 Likes

You are right. When the names were changed to -page this link was forgotten apparently. Thanks for finding. I will change it and upload it to local today. :pray:

3 Likes

Now we have Easter, and I’d like to give some Easter Eggs—of a slightly different kind—back to SuttaCentral. It’s a way of saying thank you to the developers who made this fabulous new website and among them particularly to Venerable @Vimala , and to Bhante @sujato who made some really awesome translations!

Thank you all for your amazing work, and I hope you enjoy these Easter eggs (not too difficult to detect, I guess
 )!

6 Likes