English Books of the suttas

Hi,

I am new to this community and hope I am not asking something that has been answered many times.

1. Are there any printed books that are based on the translations from SuttaCentral?
  2. Is there any plan for publishing the complete collection in book form?

Best Regards
Dagfinn

1 Like

Welcome to D&D Dagfinn :pray:t4::bouquet:!

You should check this site out.

It has links to Ven Sujato’s translations on SC, plus many others, in ebook format.

6 Likes

There has been made a project with Lulu.com for Bhante Sujato’s translations which has three volumes of the Majjhima Nikaya, with illustrations by Venerable Yodha:

1. The Middle Discourses of the Buddha vol I
  2. The Middle Discourses of the Buddha vol II
  3. The Middle Discourses of the Buddha vol III

Lulu.com also has a printed version of Bhante Sujato’s Theragatha and Therigatha translations:

If you search for “sujato” you may discover more, including his books that are not actual Sutta translations.

But note that not all of the printed books will represent the latest versions of the translations. Bhante Sujato is still doing revisions.

There is a plan for publishing the entire collection of Bhante Sujato’s translations in book form. I can’t tell how the time frame is in which this may happen.

7 Likes

Bhante @Sujato hasn’t talked about it recently, but perhaps he has time to give an update on the status. I’m sure lots of folks are curious.

5 Likes

Please refer to this thread for updates about the epub version of the Sutta Pitaka.