English Majjhima Nikāya 3 uploaded

So far, I’ve downloaded just the 1st 10, so there may other such anomalies ahead – will note if any found.

3 Likes

Hi cjmacie

I am coding the MN suttas for SuttaCentral and usually correct any mistakes like that. I don’t use the titles given on that site. I delete them all and start fresh because there is too much unnecessary coding with the titles.

I spell check the suttas too, before sending them to be uploaded.

Thanks for your offer, but I think it would be double handling.

best wishes

Ok thanks Bhante Sujato. I’ll code them all from start to finish and Ven Vimala would then upload as you suggested.

What offer? After 50+ years experience of academic scholarly checking & double checking, plus literary editing, it’s virtually instinctual, when reading anything, to note things that look out of whack, and, when appropriate, report them.

Also, from my experience, double-, triple- or more “handling”, when it comes to compensating for human fallibility, is hardly ever too much.

2 Likes

Sorry, I thought you were offering to report errors you found.

Sorry, I think I should have said: ‘of course, you can double check my work and let me know if I missed any mistakes you spotted, but I do not wish to receive a list of mistakes that I then need to go through to check to see if I got them or not.’

This seems common between us: it’s virtually instinctual, when reading anything, to note things that look out of whack, and, when appropriate, report them.

It seems we agree that it would be double handling.

1 Like