七处善知 ? Conversant of seven cases
七处善巧 ? Skillful in seven cases

other texts :

七處熟練 proficient in seven cases
七處為知 learned in seven cases
七處為覺知 discerned in seven cases

1 Like

Hi, Gene!

We created a thread for this project like Knotty36 pointed out. You’re welcome to help out. It seems like we found the sutra parallels that exist in Chinese. I had searched for 七處 in the Agamas, Avadana, and Abhidharma divisions, and that list was all I could find that was remotely related. EA 41.3 seemed to use a title that was close, but the content is completely different, as you rightly pointed out. But there may be something that I missed.

For the title in SA 42, I’m thinking 善 means 善巧 (kusala). The Pali term (sattaṭṭhānakusalo) reads in the same order as the Chinese, so I think it’s a literal translation that sounds awkward.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for the update, this is great news. I really hope we can get Bilara in a usable state very soon so we can start porting your translations there!

I’m glad Jekyll is working out for you.

Fantastic, I hope we can support you in this.

BTW, Charles, will I be seeing you in the US? I’ll be in LA, SF, and NYC in the next few weeks.

1 Like

Certainly, I’d like to meet while you’re here in LA. I’m not sure if I can make it to the Dhamma Talk you have planned. Let me know if there’s other arrangements that could be made.

2 Likes

I’ll put you in touch with the organizers.

2 Likes