Flagged Posts Should Be Visible

Previously, we were able to read flagged posts. Unfortunately, that’s no longer the case. Could this be reversed please? I find it rather annoying that we can’t follow a discussion just because a post has been flagged. In my opinion, it should be left up to the discretion of the reader whether they want to read the flagged post or not. Thanks for your consideration.

8 Likes

The Forum Management Committee has discussed this issue already and decided (possibly private link) to leave flagged posts as only visible to admins, to discourage “rubbernecking” and further off-topic discussion.

7 Likes

I’ll agree to disagree, but thank you for the response. :pray:

5 Likes

Perhaps @moderators could merge this thread into the one cited.

Personally, I didn’t like the change when it first came out. But posts so rarely get flagged that it’s not much of an issue. Also I don’t believe a single flag will hide a post. So if at least two people flag then it’s likely a problem. I don’t think I have witnessed any weaponized flagging, so I don’t have a problem with the policy.

2 Likes

I am not sure about merging. The thread cited is in the Lounge section meant for TL3 and above.

1 Like

Then that thread maybe should be brought out of the lounge, no? The policy affects everyone and I don’t see the point of having two threads in this case.

1 Like

@Moderators: a short public notice placed somewhere should do the trick. Non members read the forum and they don’t need to wade through long admin discussions.

4 Likes

There is a SuttaCentral guide to Flagging, which was linked to from the FAQ.

Perhaps it should be updated and incorporated directly within the FAQ under its own heading?

5 Likes

Mod team is discussing various options. Some good suggestions have been made in this thread. Some action will be forthcoming soon.

4 Likes

This may be the right time to thank moderators and the Australian group for tolerating minority views in the discussions. It speaks for you :pray:

1 Like