📕 Footprints in the Dust by Bhante S Dhammika

This revised edition refers to a paper of mine, but misspells my name on page 12 footnote 8 and in the Bibliography. The correct reference is: Karpik, Stefan 2019 “The Buddha Taught in Pali: A working hypothesis.”Journal of the Oxford Centre for Buddhist Studies. 2019 (16): 10-86. http://jocbs.org/index.php/jocbs/article/view/191 If anyone can pass this onto Rev. Dhammika or the publishers, I would be grateful.

3 Likes

Hi @StefanK,

Welcome to the D&D forum!

Enjoy the multiple resources here available: may these be of assistance along the path.

Should you have any questions about the forum, feel free to contact the @moderators.

With Metta,
Ric
On behalf of the moderators

I sent that info to Bhante Dhammika and he said he’ll have it corrected.

2 Likes

That’s very kind. Thank you.

3 Likes

There is a new (2nd) edition of this lovely book out now.

You can get a free pdf download from the wonderful people at The Pariyatti Store, where you can also buy a print or e-book copy in a variety of formats (Epub, Kindle, Apple Books, Google Play books).

As if that isn’t enough, there is also a free online version of this second edition at theMettāShelf (see link below). The content of this online version is (almost) the same as the Pariyatti versions, but has additional Sutta and Vinaya references using the Sutta Central numbering system to go along with the PTS numbering system in the Paryatti versions. There are also links to PDF’s of any Bibliography entry that is freely and readily available on the web.

As always, if there are any comments, criticisms, errors or problems that you encounter with theMettaShelf online version, please private message me.

8 Likes

Anumodana Stu! That’s great :smiley:

1 Like

Bhante is very much old school & doesn’t use digital means* to research his books. Generally, he works with the books in his extensive personal library. For his dictionary of Pali flora & fauna, I think most of his research was done in the British Library.

*there may be exceptions

4 Likes