Help in finding a specific sutta

Dear all,

I am looking for a sutta and can’t find it anymore.

In this specific sutta the Buddha is being praised by several monks. Then the Buddha joins, listens in and tells them to continue. At the end, the Buddha says something in the line of ‘You have forgotten the most important, that the Tathagatta is always aware.’ (This last line is very crude. I can’t remember what the Buddha exactly said. This is the reason I want to reread this specific sutta).

Maybe someone knows by any chance which sutta this is? I also can’t remember in which one of the five nikaya’s it is found.

Thanks in advance!

Kindest regards to all of you

Unless you can remember more information about this sutta, I’m afraid it’s very difficult to find it, as the information you provided is very limited and could also be incorrect.

1 Like

Sounds like MN123

… When they said this, Venerable Ānanda said, “The Realized Ones are incredible, reverends, and they have incredible qualities. They’re amazing, and they have amazing qualities.” But this conversation among those mendicants was left unfinished.

Then in the late afternoon, the Buddha came out of retreat, went to the assembly hall, sat down on the seat spread out, and addressed the mendicants: “Mendicants, what were you sitting talking about just now? What conversation was left unfinished?”

So the mendicants told him what they had been talking about. The Buddha said, “Well then, Ānanda, say some more about the incredible and amazing qualities of the Realized One.”

“That being so, Ānanda, remember this too as a wonderful and marvellous quality of the Tathāgata: Here, Ānanda, for the Tathāgata feelings are known as they arise, as they are present, as they disappear; perceptions are known as they arise, as they are present, as they disappear; thoughts are known as they arise, as they are present, as they disappear. Remember this too, Ānanda, as a wonderful and marvellous quality of the Tathāgata.”

5 Likes

Yes, that’s it! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Just want to point out this isn’t part of the sutta, although some people claim it is implied.