Heritage of wisdom and truth

I always had this thought to share and, Today with Canadian thanks giving day I like to thank and appreciate the efforts put together by

• the suttacentral team and others for making the word of Buddha a click away, easily accessible, with multiple translations, parallels, pali line by line, forums and voice translations seen never before - Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

• the the lineage and heritage of everyone involved in keeping the word intact, in practice and in essence of teachings, across geographies and translations to native languages which can be useful over timespan of 2500÷ years ro draw parallels by this team and AI ( maturity to come)- Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

• the great emperrors like Ashoka and others who ensured such invaluable words of wisdom are spread across neighboring countries and continents so they survive wrong doings by single emperor, country and they flow through bloodline of locals no just mere texts, to survive over timespan of several years - Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

• the great assembly of arhant sangha who sealed the teachings as authentic pioneered by Ven. Ananda so the entire mass of teachings of wisdom can be recited and reconciled over 45+ years of Buddha’s teachings - Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

• our latest Buddha for finding these lost teachings over many thousands years, rolling forth the wheel of dhamma which still keeps going, teaching till end of life and leading by example for what the generations to come will follow - Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

Those who read, understand and practice are still probably less than 0.01% off humanity, though this is the hope which keeps the gateless gates of deathless open.

I feel so lucky and proud to receive them - Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

6 Likes

AN5.143:5.2-9:
“… Licchavis, the appearance of five treasures is rare in the world.

What five?

The appearance of a Realized One, a perfected one, a fully awakened Buddha. A person who explains the teaching and training proclaimed by a Realized One. A person who understands the teaching and training proclaimed by a Realized One. A person who practices in line with the teaching. A person who is grateful and thankful.

The appearance of these five treasures is rare in the world.”

4 Likes