How you imagine Stream-Enters last lives before Nibbana?

Is there suttas talking of this?

All births are as monk or ordinary life?

This sound fun to think about. :smile: althought we shouldnt.

1 Like

I don’t know if understanding the true nature of this life will make people happier or more miserable.

It’s unclear if a stream-enterer will have many friends or few. Personally, I always fluctuate between living alone and living with others :smiley:

1 Like

Mendicants, there are these five grasping aggregates. What five? That is, the grasping aggregates of form, feeling, perception, choices, and consciousness… SN 22.109

Mendicants, there are these six faculties. What six? The faculties of the eye, ear, nose, tongue, body, and mind … SN48.26

… What five? The faculties of faith, energy, mindfulness, immersion, and wisdom … SN 48.3

… What five? The faculties of pleasure, pain, happiness, sadness, and equanimity. SN 48.32

A noble disciple comes to truly understand these five faculties’ origin, ending, gratification, drawback, and escape. Such a noble disciple is called a stream-enterer, not liable to be reborn in the underworld, bound for awakening.

Whether someone is a layperson or a monastic, whether they have a little or a lot of friends, whether a human or god, a stream-enterer is someone who understands the origin, ending, gratification, drawback, and escape of the world, has given up the 3 fetters of self view, doubt, and rituals, and are developing the 8 folds to perfection.

1 Like

I didn’t understand the question at first

Here is how it ends

With the ending of three fetters they have at most seven rebirths. They will transmigrate at most seven times among gods and humans and then make an end of suffering. With the ending of three fetters, they go from family to family. They will transmigrate between two or three families and then make an end of suffering. With the ending of three fetters, they’re a one-seeder. They will be reborn just one time in a human existence, then make an end of suffering. SuttaCentral

In the suttas no stream-enterer was reborn a human, in as far as i know, but it was during the peak of the sasana.

1 Like