Inspired by Buddhism itself, on the Vesak Day of 2017, I started an organization in the US with the goal of working through it full-time only after my education is complete (quite a few years down the line from now - but time goes by fast).
The hope is to build the organization up gradually while I am still in school so that by the time I am able to complete my education, others and I are able to work full-time to support ourselves and earn our living through a viable organization in accordance with the Dhamma-Vinaya (DV), i.e. “right livelihood.”
The organization is intended to be based on the Dhamma-Vinaya as taught by the Buddha
(i.e. Early Buddhism); this would mark the outer boundary and be the basic guideline.
The goal would be to help the Sangha first, before radiating from there out towards others.
Some general ideas in terms of overall direction:
- Buddhism-based; Dhamma-Vinaya-based
- for-profit/not-for-profit hybrid organization
- try to make significant contributions through valuable products/services
- take into account the interests/skills/goals of all members - your ideas here?
- compete with individuals/groups to the extent that they are contrary to DV
cooperate with individuals/groups to the extent that they are in accordance with DV
Feedback? Ideas? Wanna join?