In your opinion, is it the only way to make a better world by breaking the precepts?

Yes, but we do not want another disaster like Hiroshima or Nagasaki!

We’ll be all right. Ever heard of that military concept called MAD? It’s an irony that the world needs to be MAD to have some hope of avoiding Hiroshima or Nagasaki.

You are an optimist!
Is this realistic?

Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in the following video said that only path to peace is the power.
So the only way I can have peace is if I have a gun in my hand?
Isn’t this the animal instinct of the dog eat dog world attitude?

1 Like

Let’s hope it is. If it doesn’t work, there’s always… another earth somewhere else in the universe for our next rebirths…:grinning:

Make sure that you are at least a Sotapanna!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I know you won’t miss the boat, but I might. There’ll always be bastards trying to prevent women and children from getting onto the boat, and I’m planning to stay to deal with them. I won’t feel bad staying behind, someone else might need the spot more than I do.

I didn’t know that you are a Mahayanist.
:grinning:

I don’t know much about Mahayana. Just trying my best to be a decent human that’s all.

Your argument is on a terribly slippery slope. Apparently the peaceful folk who refrain from killing are to be blamed for the suffering that is inflicted on others. That is simply not the case - the responsibility and blame for violence and killing lies solely on the perpetrators, not the people ‘sitting on their fat asses’.

You obviously did not even read my posts. If you are not one of the fat asses sitting inside their warm cozy room, sipping hot chocolate, and criticizing the violence of servicemen and women, then you’re certainly not my target. My target are those blood-sucking parasites who are doing both the blood sucking while spitting on their host at the same time.

I did.

“Target” ?

People here are just trying to deal with the suffering inherent in samsara. Trying to picture all of them as lazy people gulping down some tasty beverage is hardly fair.

The Buddha criticized the violence of the people involved in warfare too and gave a picture that is downright bleak, as Mat pointed out.

Your ‘targets’ are people who have their own suffering, misery and travails to deal with…

No you did not. Since you mentioned “fairness”, what can be more utterly unfair to insult servicemen and women, the very same people who sacrifice their lives for you to be able to sit in your room and sipping hot chocolate?

Can you please point out the insults ?

You have just proved my point that you have not read any post. Do your work first before asking.

Again, I did. :slight_smile:

And the Dhamma makes it quite clear what one’s standpoint on killing and warfare should be. From the Dhammapada:

Greater in battle
than the man who would conquer
a thousand-thousand men,
is he who would conquer
just one - himself.

No you did not. If you did, you wouldn’t keep citing the unwholesomess of killing. It’s is obvious and it is not the point. If you did read my post, I already said I get that point, but in real life, sometimes one is forced to make very tough choices. The Cambodian genocide was a case in point.

Well, you seem unwilling to arrive at any middle ground regarding the ways to deal with troublesome situations. Violence is not the only way or answer to deal with brutality. Ahimsa can be an option too - that’s my opinion, and I’ll leave with that.

Well, I’d assume you’ve never served in the military and so I won’t blame you for such naive thinking that ahimsa would solve everything. So I’ll leave with that too. One small suggestion, if there’s anyone who can rightfully say they’ve been thru hell on earth so you can live in your little heaven, it’d be the men and women in uniforms. Please do show them the support and respect they deserve. Thank you.

It is quite astounding what he managed to accomplish with such apparently quaint and nonsensical methods.

1 Like