Introducing our new Moderator

We are very happy to welcome @Viveka to the moderator team!
Sadhu Sadhu Sadhu! :pray:

My apologies for being so late to announce it as she has already been with us for a few weeks!

24 Likes

Thank you, @Viveka, for taking on the responsibility of keeping this wild bunch in line!
:crazy_face:

11 Likes

Thank you @Timothy.

Though I am still left questioning my sanity :laughing:

But seriously, it’s a privilege to contribute to making the Buddha Dhamma available like this, And I know deep down inside, everyone really wants to abide by Right Speech!! :grinning:

:anjal::dharmawheel:

20 Likes

Hey Viveka,

So wonderful to have you here, and to continue the wonderful work done by our moderators past and future. I’ve been a bit absent due to travel and other things recently, but don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

12 Likes

Sadhu Sadhu Sadhu! Good luck, Viveka! :grinning: Please let me know if there’s anything I can help with. :pray:

11 Likes

Same here! Much rejoicing in your offering and a open invitation for any help needed :pray:

10 Likes

Just in case you didn’t know, @Viveka, @Brenna and @Cara are both former moderators, and both did an excellent job. Their advice would definitely be an invaluable resource, should you ever need it!

:anjal:

10 Likes

I most heartily agree! I very much doubt the current mods (apart from Sr. Nadine, of course) have anything to offer in the way of helpful advice. :wink:

A most thorough privilege to have you join, Viveka. May I salute your courageous decision to step into the line of fire (mostly of my utterly ridiculous sense of humour). You bring such wonderful qualities to the role with you—thoughtfulness, kindness and commitment, to name just a few—I very much trust you’ll be an excellent moderate just like Brenna, Cara, Ang. Pasanna and Kay before you.

Thank you and welcome! :pray:

9 Likes

@Viveka, you have already proved to be a wise and stalwart friend and co-moderator. That you accept, and dare I say, appreciate, our senses of humor is icing on the cake. It’s good to have you on the team!

9 Likes

Thank you @Timothy :slight_smile:

I’ve been around SC for a while, and got to see them in action… It’s a high standard to maintain!

Also just in case people don’t realise, I’ve taken a buddhist name recently, while at Bodhinyana Monastery for a visit.

I used to be known as mpac here. My identifying icon is the same, but my name is now Viveka. I mentioned it in one of the threads, but just wanted to let people know generally :slightly_smiling_face: in case there is any confusion.

Metta
:anjal::dharmawheel:

12 Likes

And that is saying something!! :laughing: Be prepared to be “hit” by many moments of gigging, chuckling, and broad smiles!

@Viveka, may you fare well and happy in this most worthwhile task. :slight_smile:

With much metta

7 Likes

Ah, that’s where I got confused into thinking you were a newer member, so sorry! Of course I have seen the username Mpac many, many times! :drooling_face:

6 Likes

Yay! I’m glad you are able to join the wonderful team of moderators. I’m sure you’ll do a great job.
I love the new name too!
Mega mettā

7 Likes

Mega Metta to you too Ang @Pasanna! :grinning:

:anjal::sunflower::tulip::bouquet:

2 Likes