Introducing our new Staff Member

:left_speech_bubble: Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. — Buddha

4 Likes

@discobot what sutta is that from?

Hmmm … he does not seem to be inclined to answer that :smile:
But I wonder if we can program him to use our own quotes with Sutta numbers added …

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I was thinking (I mean about the quotes, rather than necessarily the refs although would be great), I’ve been looking on the discourse meta site for a bit to so see if I could make an informed suggestion, but haven’t come up with very much so far.

No, same here. I think it can be done in the backend but then chances are this is overwritten with every upgrade.

2 Likes

@discobot when are you taking over?

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start new user

Starts one of the following interactive narratives: new user, advanced user.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

1 Like

I don’t think it will take very long, she’s already the most popular one in just this thread. :laughing:

1 Like

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: Better not tell you now

@discobot Understandable. Have a nice day!

1 Like

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

Cool.

@suttabot quote

Hei! Untuk tahu saya bisa melakukan apa, ketik @suttabot tampilkan bantuan.

2 Likes

@suttabot tampilkan bantuan

Saat ini yang saya tahu saya bisa melakukan ini:

@suttabot mulai pengguna baru

Mulai dengan salah satu petunjuk interaktif berikut ini: pengguna baru, anggota lanjutan.

@suttabot lempar 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@suttabot kutipan

:left_speech_bubble: Lakukan kebaikan apa saja tanpa pamrih, ingatlah kalau suatu hari seseorang mungkin melakukan yang sama kepada kamu — Princess Diana

@suttabot nasib baik

:crystal_ball: Kamu mungkin bergantung padanya