Invitation to women's PM discussion

A small group of women from this forum are inviting other women to join a PM discussion thread.

The topic… How we have navigated the experience of reading the various ways women are described and conceptualised in the EBT’s.

If you would like to join, please respond here and we will invite you in. :blush:

9 Likes

Sounds like a great topic,. Please add me to your invites :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you, please count me in :pray:

5 Likes

Hi Anne,

I feel honored to be invited! But I’ll sit this one out if you don’t mind, I am rather fully occupied with our imminent rollout of the next SC at the moment. But do ping me for any messages or whatever.

4 Likes

As valuable as Bhante’s contribution would be, this is a women-only discussion. :blush:

2 Likes

I’d love to join in :sunny:

3 Likes

I think it’s great that folks are using the forum to have discussions like this.

Since many people have never participated in a large PM thread before, I hope that those involved with the recent TFFW threads will make sure that participants understand that although everyone may intend for the P in PM to mean private, it really just means “personal,” since with a matter of clicks posts can become public.

Best wishes for your discussion!

3 Likes

Could you please explain what you mean by this :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank You Bhante for your kind offer. We will be sure to call on you for any questions if/as they come up :pray: :smiley:

2 Likes

@Sujato
Dear Bhante Sujato, thank you for all you do. :hibiscus:

3 Likes

So, I wasn’t implying that anyone would do anything malicious. Just that in PM’s it can seem like a private confidential space, but that is kind of an illusion. For one thing, posts are getting sent to people’s email inboxes left and right. As well, of course, anyone involved can copy and paste things out. Moreover, the posts stick around for a long time so we can’t be sure of what context they will appear in in the future.

It just seemed like people might be sharing personal experience things. It’s good to remind people that while the intention is to keep things private, there is no guarantee.

2 Likes

Thanks @snowbird… I was afraid there might be a glitch where the PM gets turned into a public thread or something… Yes it is good to remember that whatever is written online will exist for a long time, and there is no guarantee that it will remain private.

With Metta :slightly_smiling_face: :sunflower:

1 Like