Is the Tathagata literal suffering?

I asked, for I think the third time:

And so far i have

Which seems to imply the “from something” camp, that is that there ARE perceptuons but that said perceptuons are unstable, unsatisfactory, suffering (from that defect) etc.

So yes, that makes more sense to me, and appears to be in line with the ebt.

Then i get

Which again ignores my actual question amd again seems ambiguous, as its not the headache that suffers but me whonsuffers fromnthe headache.

But then, in another, related thread I get

Now this is clearly a different position, it is not claiming that all things have the property of being unstable/unsatisfactory/suffering, it is using the “are” and the “only” in the other sense i posited, to claim that there is this dukka stuff which is like the water, and there are these form things, which are like the waves.

This is the idea that is being gotten at by “literally” in the “literal suffering” phrase, and this is what is clearly objectionable on any holistic and coherent reading of the ebt.

I hope people can see the difference elucidated, but I am learning not to be too confident thses days.

Anyway, thanks gang! I think i have gotten all i can from this discussion, my conclusion, which i had already on other grounds, is that suffering is a truly awful and incomprehensibly bad translation of dukkha, being formally a word for something that a person does (in bearing or enduring pain or discomfort) not a word for the thing the person is does it with ecept by a kind of semantic drift.

Metta