It seems a misunderstanding

Was there a misunderstanding in the teaching? I know this has been discussed elsewhere I think. But I only mention temporary emancipation as extra. But my main question is if what I see here of the cause for controversy makes sense? But also some topics is really long to go through. But actually I searched didn’t find it. But last time I did I remember this kind of connecting temporal emancipation with liberated by discrimination and Nibbāna element with residue left and Anāgāmins not talked about. So is possible it’s that?

This controversy was probably created because Buddha declared two type of Arahants and the two Nibbāna elements.

So liberated by discrimination and liberated by wisdom.

And Nibbāna element with residue left and without.

The early teaching of these schools probably called temporary emancipation the Arahant with residue left?? Or liberated by discrimination.

But it seems there also a misunderstanding in what temporal emancipation meant. Which was probably like Anāgāmins. Which is temporarily in heaven until getting full nirvana. Reason Māra did not see the Elder Arahant for example is because it’s a heaven Māra can’t see.

Greetings @Upasaka_Dhammasara

Could you please edit the Topic Title to more clearly reflect the question you wish to discuss. ie what search terms you would put in if looking for an answer… Try to view it from the perspective of other users :slight_smile:

As has been pointed out, All topics are archived, and many (approx 4,000 people per day) use this site to search for answers to specific EBT related questions. It isn’t like a chat room, with stream of consciousness meandering thoughts.

Please also take care to frame and expand the question you would like discussed, and show the relevance of the support material you post. As the post stands, it is very difficult to understand what you are wanting to discuss, or what the post is about.

We look forward to your cooperation, in helping to keep this a useful and easy to use site.

Metta :slight_smile:

No please close the thread. I have no knowledge of how organize such big questions. It all good.

1 Like