Jesus and buddha, a comparison, part 1(love)

I once thought that jesus’s love is unlimited and only jesus have that kind of unlimited love

Luke 6:27-30
But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.
If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them
Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back.

But I found that buddha’s instruction on love is even more harder than jesuss’

Mn21
Even if low-down bandits were to sever you limb from limb, anyone who had a malevolent thought on that account would not be following my instructions.
If that happens, you should train like this: Our minds will remain unaffected. We will blurt out no bad words. We will remain full of compassion, with a heart of love and no secret hate. We will meditate spreading a heart of love to that bandit.
And with love as a basis, we will meditate spreading a heart full of love to everyone in the world—abundant, expansive, limitless, free of enmity and ill will.’ That’s how you should train

2 Likes

Where’s the part 2 bro ?

If you haven’t noticed, the person you asked the question is banned from the forum, so most likely you will not get an answer.

You can click on the person avatar (picture) to see their status. If there are red letters saying “User is suspended” that means that person is no longer part of the forum and will not reply. I think it is good idea to check that when replying to someone, especially when responding to an old thread.

4 Likes