John Kelly Pali course 2024: Warder lesson 22a

Dear Pāli Class participants.
Since we are wrapping up formal classes for this course in a couple of weeks I wanted to talk about Dāna.

For the new Pāli class being offered starting in March, there was a question about payment for the course, so if you happen to have read my reply about that on that thread then no need to read on here.

As you all know there is no formal cost for the course, as Bhante Sujato and I have been more than happy to offer our services as teacher freely. Our reward comes from the satisfaction of finding so many people interested in learning Pāli!

Personally, I’m also a firm believer in the value of the principle of Dāna, where students can show their gratitude to the teacher, and cultivate their own generosity (a basic Buddhist principle), by offering a monetary donation of whatever amount is comfortable (monastics excepted, of course). Since I certainly don’t need or want anything personally, I would be happy if those who are moved and able to offer dāna for the class would donate to either of these two organizations:
Buddhist Global Relief (Bhikkhu Bodhi’s charitable organization tackling hunger around the world), or Sutta Central itself, which constantly seeks resources to fund the great work they do bringing the Buddha’s words to everybody around the world. See links below:

Buddhist Global Relief

DONATE

HELP US CREATE A WORLD in which all are free from hunger and poverty. Donate Now HELP US

https://suttacentral.net/donations?lang=en

10 Likes