John Kelly Pali course 2024: Warder lesson 20b

Thread for continuing our discussion of chapter 20 of Warder for the class on January 23rd 2024.

Meeting ID: 829 5896 1475
Passcode: anicca

Homework for this class:

1. Study the remaining sections of grammar and vocabulary.
  2. Translate Passage for Reading 1.
  3. Translate Passage for Reading 2, paragraph 1.
4 Likes

Unfortunately I canā€™t attend this evening (my sonā€™s birthday dinner), so please remind John to press the record button!!!

See you all next week. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dear John, the flu got me too now, unfortunately I couldnā€™t do the exercises and donā€™t feel comfortable to attend the zoom today. Itā€™s a pity. Can I get the recorded zoom sessions from today and last time somewhere?

Alan

1 Like

I donā€™t feel too well, so I better get some sleep. My best regards and wishes to everyone else in the class.

In case anyone wants to compare answers, Iā€™ve published my answers to Lesson 20 on my website. As the class winds down, Iā€™ll probably clean up all my notes and answers and put them there as well, in case anyone in the future may find them useful.

1 Like

Seems as if a number of people are getting flu, RSV, or Covid these days. Feel better soon, Alan and Christie. Hope to see you next week.

2 Likes

Contact @sumana to get the class recordings.

1 Like

Yes, Covid had me on 1 Oct last year and it persisted the entire month. Rest, rest, and more rest everyone! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you @johnk I am getting better and looking forward to join the next session. Yet, Iā€™m quite behind with the material at the moment.

@Sumana where can I get the recordings from the last two sessions?

1 Like

Thanks, I was very sleepy because I spent the entire previous night reading suttas. The good news is Iā€™ve managed to find two passages I have been looking for months.

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry I missed class last week (sonā€™s birthday dinner) but Iā€™ve caught up with the homework and viewed the recording.

With regard to the discussion of paĢ„saĢ„daĢ„ orohitvaĢ„ paĢ„saĢ„dapacchaĢ„yaĢ„yaį¹ƒ abbhokaĢ„se caį¹…kamati, have you all seen Ajahn Brahmaliā€™s essay ā€œWhat is a pāsāda?ā€

It was lovely to see you visiting Bhante Khemarato, in Thailand @Luis. I really enjoyed travelling in Thailand. :smiley: