Koṇḍañña in SN56.11 Dhammacakkappavattana parallels

In SN56.11 we have these statements:

And while this discourse was being spoken, the stainless, immaculate vision of the Dhamma arose in Venerable Koṇḍañña:
“Everything that has a beginning has an end.”

Then the Buddha was inspired to exclaim:
“Koṇḍañña has really understood! Koṇḍañña has really understood!” And that’s how Venerable Koṇḍañña came to be known as “Koṇḍañña Who Understood”.

I wonder how prevalent these statements are in the parallels?

Koṇḍañña does not appear here: SuttaCentral

But here: SuttaCentral we have:

At that time, when the Bhagavān had spoken this Dharma, then Venerable Kauṇḍinya, along with eight myriads of devas, left the dust and dirt far behind and attained the pure Dharma Eye. At this time, the Bhagavān addressed Venerable Kauṇḍinya, “Has the Dharma been known?” Kauṇḍinya addressed the Buddha, saying, “It has been known, Bhagavān.” Again Venerable Kauṇḍinya was addressed, “Has the Dharma been known?” Kauṇḍinya addressed the Buddha, “It has been known, Sugata.” Because Venerable Kauṇḍinya has known the Dharma, he is called Ājñātakauṇḍinya (i.e. Knowing Kauṇḍinya).

However, this is missing the “beginning-ending” (“arising-ceasing”) line.

Unfortunately, the other parallels don’t have English translations on the SuttaCentral site. I wonder if someone knows of other parallels with Koṇḍañña and/or “beginning-ending”/“arising-ceasing”.

3 Likes