Locating this Analayo video

Hello folks,

I came across this potent but super short video of Analayo.

It seems like a segment from a longer talk, does anyone know what it’s from and where to track down the rest of it?

I’ve been basically reading Analayo’s work for year or two now and I must say his second to last book “A Meditator’s Life of the Buddha” is pretty fantastic if anyone hasn’t read it yet. I also blitzed through his new Rebirth book but that’s a whole other kettle of fish…

w/ Thanks and Metta

4 Likes

@The_Passenger
This was part of a video clip Barre center for Buddhist Studies had on their website quite awhile back as part of a description of an on-line course they were offering. The original was just a bit longer and included a short exchange between Joseph Goldstein and Ven Anālayo. I just checked their website and it seems as though they no longer have the full clip posted. It’s now the same as the youtube link you’ve posted above.

6 Likes

It’s from the Barre Center for Buddhist Studies’ online program called Entering The Path- An Online Foundations Course in Early Buddhist Study and Practice.

You’ll see that the short video you posted is a preview video for the course if you go to this link:

https://www.buddhistinquiry.org/online-programs/entering-the-path/

:anjal:

Edit: Linda beat me to it

5 Likes

Thanks for the detective work people.

1 Like