Make us happy: tell us about our mistakes, errors, and typos

this is correct now, i must have fixed it at some point.

fixed

fixed, thx!

fixed

fixed

fixed

here and in sn22.123. Also changed to “properly attends” throughout, rather than “regards … in this way”.

(Unless noted, I’ve fixed all passages per your suggestions)

If it makes you feel better, BB in CBD has the same. I dunno, “rise and fall” is just such a handy idiom.

See BB’s note 32 in his translation w/ comm:

The Burmese edition reads ayam aham asmi, “I am this.” The PTS edition’s asmi, “I am,” is confirmed by the commentary. Both editions have ayam aham asmi as the reading for the following section.

Well spotted! Turns out evaṁ bahulīkatāya is in the phrase at SN, which I translated first. Then I reused for for DN and MN, without noticing that the phrase is lacking.

use “boil”

It’s also at thag 3.13. Context shows that it refers to advanced and diligent practice leading directly to Nibbana, so use “meditates”, It’s in the future tense, with a more confident sense than the expected optative here (“whoever would meditate …” vihareyya)

Whoever shall meditate diligently

(Viharati is of course used in many contexts, and typically is translated more generally as “abides” or “lives”. But it is frequently used to directly refer to meditation (eg. jhana formula) so where the context supports it I prefer to use the more meaningful rendering.)

use Bhāradvāja

use “own tradition”

(tricky idiom: lit. it is “what belongs to our own teacher”, i.e. “teachings that have been handed down from a teacher’s lineage”. Normally these days we would say “that’s what it says in my tradition”.)

Fixed with this:

fixed

5 Likes