Minor issues with the ePub / sources of the SuttaCentral editions

Hello team, thank you for the excellent work in making the source LaTeX files and ePub’s available for download.

I’d encountered a couple of issues with these files, and had filed a couple of issues on GitHub. I see that the issues are not assigned to anyone, so it’s unclear whether anyone has the time or the bandwidth to look into these.

As an example, the ePub version of the Majjhima Nikaya has clickable footnotes that don’t do anything when clicked. The text of the footnotes can be seen within the page in the PDF version but this same text is missing from the ePub and is nowhere to be found - not on the same page, in the same chapter, or at the end of the ePub.

This is not a serious issue, but I wanted to point this out in case anyone will take it up later as and when time permits.

3 Likes

I only see this issue about the footnotes. Did you file any others? It’s always helpful to link to the issues you mention.

@HongDa and Bhante @sujato, any progress on this. It’s starting to feel a little more than minor.

1 Like

Hello @Snowbird this is the issue that I filed: Middle discourses - missing footnotes in the ePub formatted book. · Issue #10 · suttacentral/editions · GitHub

Bhante @sujato is here in Singapore so he’s probably occupied (Thanks to Bhante for the wonderful Saturday retreat :blush: :pray:)

1 Like

Oh, that’s a wonderful issue. Much better than mine. And it’s probably in the right repository, I’m just not sure who is watching that repo.

I’m checking why this problem occurs.

1 Like

Thanks @HongDa … when I checked inside the ePub, the footnote link points to a missing endnotes.xhtml file referred to internally and I guess this was somehow not generated when creating the ePub.

My screenshot here: Middle discourses - missing footnotes in the ePub formatted book. · Issue #10 · suttacentral/editions · GitHub

1 Like