Most beautiful pictures/artwork of the Buddha/buddhism related

Beautiful work BCH. May your efforts be rewarded. :pray:

7 Likes

@BCH
The photos are really beautiful, as are the people you phototgraphed. I love how you’ve captured their expressions. Thank-you for posting them!

P.S. I just looked at your website–really amazing photos and I appreciate the title “beauty in service”. I’ve see the one of the two young nuns (also posted above) on something I’ve gotten in the past, and have always loved it–would it have been on an Amenesty calendar, or perhaps it was something form Seva? All your photos are very touching.

7 Likes

I thought it was just the Buddha teaching…
but I found some versions of this photo on the internet

• Maha Pajapati Gotami requesting permission from the Buddha to establish the order of nuns (Bhikkhuni Sasana)
  • The Buddha Teaching His Aunt (Gotami)
  • Or The Buddha Teaching

:anjal:

7 Likes

Thank you Linda! The Two Nuns Laughing was in a Seva calendar(s) in the late 1990s and also is a greeting card published by Amber Lotus. The travel and photography dedicated to helping the people living in the areas that the images came from was a very satisfying part of my life…and still is as the work continues to bring benefit. Another NGO that is close to my heart and I have used photography to help is the Tibetan Nuns Project. https://tnp.org/

10 Likes

Thank you Gillian! And may your Sutra Central valued contributions bring you rewards as well.

3 Likes

6 Likes

It looks like the link for the first picture from my post is dead. Here’s another link to it.

2 Likes

This ancient Buddha statue gives me a peaceful vibe…as if the Master stands before me…

6 Likes

Samadhi Buddha photo in my room. Most beautiful.
Should be same Samadhi Buddha. Photo taken in 1930’s before restoration. I’m not exactly certain it is the same one though. Would mean the topknot was removed in restoration. Most beautiful. :heart::pray:

7 Likes

Judging by the stone pillars to the sides, it certainly looks like the same statue (sans topknot/head hair) in the same place but on a different pedestal.

I found this on the photo:

1 Like

Yes, I purchased it from this shop you link to. Sorry for my error on the dating of photograph. I also have a photo that was purchased from a vendor there at Anuradhapura when I visited the Samadhi statue.

Also most beautiful. :heart: :pray:t2:

6 Likes

Ancient temple shrine in Polonaruwa, Sri Lanka 1997.
As I remember it, the stupa and heart on the table were made of real flowers. So that temple shrine is not just a historical site but part of a living tradition.

7 Likes

Bodhi leaf, with hand-painted Buddha image, from Bodh Gaya, India 1997.

10 Likes

This image is from Ven Ānandajoti’s FB page, and here is his description

I love pattachitra style art…comic book fans will appreciate :grin:!

6 Likes

thanks for sharing! Makes me nostalgic for all the Middle Eastern, Buddhist art that must have existed back in the day that’s nearly all been erased by now :confused:

4 Likes
5 Likes

Buddha statue in the Big Cave, at Santi Forest Monastery,. 2021. The statue was carved by Ayya Patachara and the Monastery was established by Bhante Sujato.

17 Likes

A Bhikkhu

:anjal:

9 Likes

A beautiful artwork - is it a real painting or just a computer-modified photo?

3 Likes

I do not know…

I found the photo on the internet…

I think it’s free

1 Like