8 Likes

Arhat_Sangamitta_Theri

Arhat Sanghamittā

6 Likes

9 Likes

Where’s this please?
What a wonderful setting!

1 Like

With 35 meters high and about 350 tons, the statue of the Buddha was inaugurated this Saturday (28) at the Zen Buddhist Monastery in Ibiraçu, in the North of Espírito Santo - Brazil. The structure made of iron, steel and concrete is the second largest Buddha statue in the world, second only to the Buddha of Leshan in China.

4 Likes

Lord Buddha in Thai art

4 Likes

at Ruwanwelisaya, Anuradhapura

6 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes

A little photoshop mashup of this artwork:

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

10 Likes

3 Likes

Hi @BuddhistZoologist,

Welcome to the D&D forum!

Enjoy the multiple resources here available: may these be of assistance along the path.

Should you have any questions about the forum, feel free to contact the @moderators.

With Metta,
Ric
On behalf of the moderators

2 Likes

More realistic depictions of the Bhagava

IMG_20230311_172431

5 Likes

My introduction to Buddhism was through a Sri Lankan vihara that was a converted house in the United States. It had a plain white giant Buddha for a shrine, and that was it. Plain white walls, carpet.

It suited my bare bones aesthetics and it felt like a statement ( still would ) about the dhamma found in the suttas.

Years later through the wonders of the Internet I saw all sorts of videos and pictures from south east Asia. I saw magnificent Buddhist architecture and art that would give Rome a run for it’s money.

6 Likes