Most beautiful pictures/artwork of the Buddha/buddhism related

Do you know the original painter of that painting? Or is there any museum exhibits the original painting?

I see what seems to be a kind of signature at the lower right corner but I can’t figure out anything more about it.

I recently see this painting appears in many places. I also have 1 copy in my house.

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t know anything about it either, I just happened to search for a high-resolution image of this painting and after much searching I came across this page which has it, and I thought it might be worthwhile to share on D&D.

But anyway, the image is really in very high resolution (8996×4800 pixels), and I can see the author’s signature quite clearly, I think it’s in Burmese or Thai I’m not sure, maybe some friends on our forum can read and make sense of it?
z

2 Likes

Buddhist flag with cosmos in the background. :slight_smile: I don’t know the source of the pic.

3 Likes

This is my own work when I fully saw which path I would follow for the rest of my life :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi NoName,

Welcome to the D&D forum! We hope you enjoy the various resources, FAQs, and previous threads. You can use the search function for topics and keywords you are interested in. Forum guidelines are here: Forum Guidelines. May some of these resources be of assistance along the path.

If you have any questions or need further clarification regarding anything, feel free to contact the moderators by including @moderators in your post or a PM.

Regards,
suaimhneas (on behalf of the moderators)

I’ve always liked the Kamakura Daibutsu. Looks like he is deep in Samadhi.

6 Likes

This is the first time I’ve seen it.
Tell us where this is and how old it is please. He looks absolutely ageless, and so wise and peaceful.

2 Likes

The Kamakura Buddha is in Kamakura…

Cast in the thirteenth century.

3 Likes

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head with this comment. These are likely the exact qualities the artist was trying to convey. Especially the quality of agelessness, it is after all a depiction of Amida Buddha, the Buddha of infinite longevity and light.

Really glad you like it and very happy to introduce you to this very famous Buddha Rupa.

1 Like

Thankyou for this fact, I had forgotten just how old it is. For some reason I imagined it was built closer to the 18th or 19th century. Placing it 500 years earlier makes me appreciate it all the more.

3 Likes

This one is stunning

5 Likes

8 Likes

Daily life of Buddhist monks in Central Asia during the 9th and 10th centuries:

8 Likes

I find the color and pattern of the senior monastic’s robe interesting as well as how the monastics have different color under wear.

4 Likes

You’ll still see some variety of robe colors among Chinese monks today!

:grin:

4 Likes

Guanyin Bodhisattva

4 Likes

Guanyin Bodhisattva

4 Likes

Here’s a statue I bought for my wife about 15 years ago.

6 Likes

Interesting and beautiful statue. As I understand it, it symbolizes the mastery over the mind (dragon). A useful object for contemplation, especially this year - Chinese Year of the Dragon.

The 2 paintings that I posted above, come from the Internet. I just searched for images of a Quan Yin and they came up.

2 Likes