My experience at lion of wisdom, and also retreat recommendations?

i did a ~ 7-day self-led retreat at lion of wisdom meditation center. it was invaluable

we did yoga and group meditation twice a day, and there was ample time in between for me to meditate; thus i did upwards of six hours of meditation per day.

i did not attain any grand attainments, but i had a pleasant abiding, and i have access to this experience in memory. it’s easier to see the benefits of practice like this, and despite feeling woes of being a householder i can continue on with hope of one day having the freedom to meditate the majority of a day every day and eventually attain full awakening

anyway, i have more paid time off this year, and i just got my passport in the mail. due to cost and convenience i would rather travel within US, but canada flights are cheap as american flights, and for the right opportunity going anywhere in the world is a possibility, pending travel restrictions

i tend to prefer theravada, but i have mahayana influences, and i don’t care so much if i’m not compelled to practice strictly according to retreat or teacher instructions – btw, i was not required to practice according to lion of wisdom’s instructions but was free to use what i found useful, which i did.

btw, i do support and recommend lion of wisdom meditation center, especially if you are 1) able to lead your own retreat and 2) not picky about amenities

2 Likes

For those not familiar, this is their website:
https://www.lionwisdom.org/

Bhante Y. Rahula is the teacher there. Since the OP was doing daily yoga, I’m assuming that means Bhante is in residence now.

4 Likes

Yes, and I found it very helpful from a practical standpoint. I have a spinal condition that causes discomfort and pain, and this practice was relieving for that

3 Likes