Old faq feedback

When the change happened in the look of this site I lost the ability to log-out on my phone?

Thanks Laurence, someone else mentioned this, and we will look into it. But I also wonder, why do you want to log out? Normally I just close the window, it never occurred to me that I’d ever want to log out, so I’m just curious.

2 Likes

Perhaps this might be helpful; on occasion, i have felt that abstaining from posting is appropriate for me for a time. Logging out at those times helps me govern my impulses, be thoughtful. It is a gimmick reminder, easily self imposed!

I realize this is an old thread; worth reviving from time to time perhaps.

1 Like

how does one know when meditation has taken place? what is it?

2 Likes

Hello connie,

A warm welcome to the forum.

I’m not 100% sure what you mean here, could you maybe clarify?

1 Like

thanks, Aminah.
I was responding to a FAQ about whether one could become enlightened (thru reading here & ) not meditating. Here, we assume enlightenment (whatever that is) is actually possible today. If so, reading might be a Hearing the Voice of Another , but what is meant by ‘meditation’ & how does one know if there’s been any? I know when (I think) I’ve seen something, but how do we tell if there’s been some “meditation”?
connie
do not pass go…

http://agama.buddhason.org/SA/SA0747.htm

hi! is there a parallel reading mode of this site , like pictures in above links,
so that we could read different languages in one window?

and is there some users on this forum who could read Chinese language just like me? so that i could type some Chinese text for discussion. :wink:

To see different texts side by side, open them in separate browser windows: that’s what windows are for.

There are, indeed. Let’s have some Chinese discussion!

3 Likes

thanks! wish someday we could develop an app to display different languages :slight_smile:

1 Like

github上的資源很多,但是我不知道下載之後如何使用它們?
能否導出為多種語言對照的epub電子書,而不是只有英文一種語言?

1 Like

Actually, @ccy, please stick to English as that is the language we use for discussion, it being the one the mod team speaks and understands. Thank you! :smiley:

You can select Chinese from the main menu and use the app in Chinese!

5 Likes

thanks! Dharma joy to you!

1 Like