Online Vesak Programme Saturday, 9th of May 2020

There’s an online Vesak programme happening Saturday. It’s designed so folks from NZ to London to Vancouver can participate at suitable times. The whole schedule is on the webpage, with some pdf’s with the chanting to download.

8 Likes

WOW, a full day. :pray: :pray: :pray:

2 Likes

Thank you @Snowbird :slight_smile: I checked it out. It was such a beautiful set of talks and meditation , Beautiful and inspiring :relieved: :dharmawheel: :thaibuddha: :revolving_hearts:

Sadhu Sadhu Sadhu

3 Likes

@karl_lew

Dear Karl, There was a part of this presentation that caused me to think of you :slight_smile: I wanted to draw your attention to it, as I think you may appreciate it on your journey into diminishing eye-sight.

It is the sermon about the Jataka Tale. It was part of the program for Australia (the link now takes you to the program that was for North America - but the presentation there is different. Perhaps @Snowbird might assist to locate the appropriate link.

It is quite long, and about how the Buddha came to become a Bodhisattva, and his practice of the perfections.

It was so beautiful :relieved:

In practicing the virtues of giving, he gave his eyes to another who was blind, so that they could see…

I won’t elaborate. The presenter was SO skilled and the material so sublime, that I was really moved.

Anyway, as I said, I thought of you :slight_smile:
And perhaps with @Snowbirds help, you might get the link to have a listen to this Dhamma offering :pray:

Added, I think it was the third item in the program - for aus, nz time zone.

2 Likes

:pray: Thank you, Viveka! The presentation is a live-stream which seems to have moved away from the past. However, I shall look forward to viewing recordings as they become available.

You have correctly assessed me as somewhat lost in the EBTs. Thank you for poking me into the present Dhamma. :laughing: :heart:

2 Likes