SuttaCentral

Please report any errors or typos!

an3.15: Now that I am a perfected one, a fully awakened Buddha, I am a skilled in the crooks, flaws, and defects of actions by body, speech, and mind.

Should say “I am skilled”.

mn8: Truly, Cunda, if you’re sinking down in the mud you can’t pull out someone else who is also sinking down in the mud.

Recommend changing “can’t” to “cannot” throughout the English translations. Although semantically distinct while reading, it is likely to introduce errors of transmission and/or understanding when spoken since it is not readily distinguished from “can” without the trailing vowel in “cannot

Hmm, I’ll consider this, the clarity depends on context. It’s also, I think, an accent thing: in British or Australian English “can” rhymes with “man” while “can’t” rhymes with “aren’t”, so it’s more distinct.

On a side note, in climbing, we shout commands to each other distinguished by number of syllables, not vowel intonations. For example, “up rope!” vs. “slack!” are opposite and should never be confused. Confusing climbing commands can lead to suffering.

an3.20: It’s when a shopkeeper is a skilled in buying and selling products.

Should be “when a shopkeeper is skilled”, similar to what Karl pointed out above for an3.15.

an3.22: Evamevaṃ kho, bhikkhave, tayome gilānūpamā puggalā santo saṃvijjamānā lokasmiṃ.
an3.22: In the same way, these three people similar to patients are found among the mendicants.

Should be “are found in the world” instead of “are found among the mendicants”.

Indeed it should. This goes back to my more innocent days when I wasn’t very familiar with Pali or Sanskrit (or any other sort of Indic language). I’ll be getting to updating this translation completely in a couple months.

Gaṅgā. The river’s not only grammatically feminine, but naturally so too, being the daughter of Himavat and Menā.

Suspected error:

Where: AN 5.18
What: The underlined words “the good of both” as shown in the screenshot below.
Why: The Sutta says “for the welfare of others, but not their own”.

:pray: