Problem selecting text on mobile

I cannot seem to select (copy) text from Sutta Central any more (on my iPhone). This makes it quite a challenge to quote suttas :pensive:

2 Likes

We havenā€™t made any changes that would affect this, so far as I know. I just checked my Android phone and it works fine. If any iPhone users have the same bug, please let us know.

You might try it in a different browser.

2 Likes

Unfortunately thatā€™s not possible on iOS. The Apple AppStoreā„¢ has a policy which prohibits other rendering engines. Even Opera, Chrome, etc use the Safari WebView component to actually render the page :pensive:

1 Like

Silly question, but how do you copy chunks of text on a smart-phone?
I can do it for single lines (sometimes!) by sweeping from left to right, but what about copying several lines or chunks of text?

1 Like

Long press on the text, then drag the tiny blue dots on the ends of the selected text:

2 Likes

Reloading the page works, sometimes! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

No problems here - iOS 12.2, iPhone. What exactly is the problem? Does the ā€long pressā€ on that particular site does not work for you? Sometimes a restart of the device helps.

2 Likes

Hmmā€¦ Well that seems to have fixed it for now! Will message this thread again if I get a more solid repro. Thanks everyone :slight_smile: