Do you use an RSS (or Atom) reader?
  • Yes. Every day.
  • Yes. Every week.
  • Sometimes.
  • I used to, but haven’t in a while.
  • Never, but I am familiar with it.
  • What’s an RSS?

0 voters

Wondering if it’s worth it to add more advanced RSS features to my website: specifically per-topic RSS feeds which would allow people to get updated whenever there’s an addition to a bibliography you’re “following.”

10 Likes

The website is looking GREAT! :heart_eyes::pray::heart_eyes:

Well done for all your work collecting all this knowledge together and for exercising such restraint in the display of it —a nice clean minimal site!

10 Likes

I love the not-self icon on the Function of Buddhism. :laughing:

5 Likes

Lovely layout Bhante, not to mention the content🙏🏼

5 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart: Aww! Thanks guys :blush::blush:

4 Likes

Many thanks Bhante for sharing your website, I look forward to using it and discovering the many resources you have provided, thank you :anjal:

4 Likes

You’re welcome! Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions :smile:

2 Likes

@Khemarato.bhikkhu
Great website, thank-you! Clear & easy to use, but just what is an RSS?

3 Likes

:joy: RSS stands for “Really Simple Syndication” It’s a special file format that lists additions to a website, so that when something new is added you can get notified about it in a special app called an “RSS Reader” which scans all the RSS feeds you’re keeping an eye on for new updates. A podcast app is actually an rss reader, for example, and a podcast is an RSS listing mp3 files.

I did find a website for turning RSS notifications into emails, so if people want to get emails when anything is added to a particular topic, that might be one way to make it work. If there’s interest, just let me know and I can hook that up for you.

2 Likes

I get the impression that RSS isn’t used as much as when it was new.

1 Like

That conclusion does indeed seem to be supported by the survey :joy:

2 Likes

So… it took me a year, but I finally got around to implementing this feature! You can now find RSS links at the top of each topic:

3 Likes