Remove Wrong Speech?

People are capable of reading more than one thread on a forum. Last I checked, it was the non-Buddhists who were getting censored with multiple flags, not yourself, yet you seem to think you are the one being shortchanged. I’m not myself aware of early Buddhist sources believing that ordinary people randomly remember past lives; that was a supermundane knowledge. But you got a thread so you could promote such beliefs, which are generally in the same category as paranormal “research” into ghosts and telekinesis. Shall we watch videos of kids bending spoons to prove the supernormal powers exist next?

But this is not good enough. And we have another person who wants people outright censored for saying x, y, or z.

I think I’ll be taking a break from this forum for a long time. I’ve tried to engage with Buddhists here because as a translator and writer, it’s good to have contact with my readers and hear their thoughts. There have been times when it has really helped me improve my translations and reconsider my thinking. But these days their thoughts are becoming a serious impediment to doing my work. I guess it’ll be best I stop interacting with the public beyond publishing my work like others do. It’s unfortunate to me, but I guess that’s the reality these days.

9 Likes