Search is malfunctioning

The search is no longer displaying anything but the dictionary terms

I have a Windows 10 OS
Using Google Chrome.

Any more information I can give to help?

2 Likes

I have the same problem, yesterday all was fine but now it does not work anymore… I found out that I have been taking this excellent function too much for granted, I didn’t realise how much I use it and am depending on it!

1 Like

This problem seems to be independent of browser and system.

1 Like

In the interim you can use a google search as in this example:

site:suttacentral.net -inurl:legacy -inurl:discourse “vadetha”

Note, however, that this will not find alternate forms of a Pali word, as Google search does not recognize Pali.

1 Like

Thanks for that, can confirm, we will fix it right away.

2 Likes

thanks, this is a bit cumbersome but it works - I will be extra grateful when the suttacentral search is working again!

I type in “trade in meat”, there is zero results, whereas previously, there are plenty of results from within the suttas.

Only words like “Buddha” links to a dictionary definition, only one result. The search function has spoiled!

1 Like

Greetings @NgXinZhao

I have moved your post to this topic, as it is about the same search malfunction you are experiencing.

As you can see the issue is being looked at.

All the best :slight_smile:

Tagging Bhante @sujato just in case there are still bugs in the system :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi All, not to harp on it, but any progress on the repairs to the search function?

Hi SDC. They’re still working on it. Here’s a workaround tho: go to Google and search for “suttacentral.net: Buddha”. About 66,000 results :smiley:

It’s nice to see you posting. Don’t hesitate to ask if you have more questions.

1 Like

I haven’t heard from Blake on this, but we will be meeting in a couple of hours.

2 Likes

Thanks, Gillian! Much appreciated!

1 Like

Thank you very much for getting the search functioning again: it was a real wake-up call for me, how much I depend on this functionality to compare translation-solutions!

3 Likes

Unfortunately, Search (on the main suttacentral.net site) seems to be malfunctioning again.

4 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: The search function has stopped working