Search isn't working for me

Hello @HongDa.
Search is not working for me even after clearing my browser cache. Same symptoms: only dictionary entries found.

1 Like

It has stopped again for me too. Just dictionary entries.

Same for me. Only dictionary results.

It also seems that I can’t do a Google search of the site either. Only links to the legacy version appear.

The following flavours of an alternative Google powered Search engine were set up to help during such times. They are working quite well, directing to the new site (for me at least):-

www.bit.ly/SuttaCentral … to search the entire SuttaCentral site

bit.ly/SuttaCentralEBT … to restrict search results to the 4 EBT (DN,MN,AN,SN)

bit.ly/SuttaCentralDN … to search DN only

bit.ly/SuttaCentralMN … to search MN only

bit.ly/SuttaCentralSN … to search SN only

bit.ly/SuttaCentralAN … to search AN only

<please stick to the appropriate character capitalization if typing manually - its SuttaCentral, not suttacentral>
:grin:

1 Like

Thanks. Any idea why those custom searches work, but not normal Google? (unless I’m mistaken, which is always possible…)

@HongDa I am also having this problem - just dictionary results.

Also, I wonder if there is a way you can open the search function up a little so that if you are trying to look up a pali word but don’t know the diacritics, it will still give you options?

EDIT: It seems to be all fixed for me now. Thanks for all your hard work !!

For me, the dictionary search seems to cope with lack of diacriticals. I can search for jhana, sankhara, etc.

Its likely that a standard google search is only going through previously trawled/ indexed pages/ previously stored results. The custom search however, is set up to search the site itself every time?? But then again who knows what arcane magick lurks at the heart of the Google Search Engine? :thinking: :grin:

It’s working for me with and without diacritics.
Big Sur with Chrome.

After rebuilding the index, it should be normal at present, but the unexplained restart of the search service will lead to the failure of the search function. we are looking for the reason.

2 Likes

Thanks! That’s great. :pray:

1 Like

I get zero results for some terms such as Suddas and women.

2 Likes

It works for me. I think you need to clear cache memory because that is what I did the last time I had a similar issue.
With Metta

2 Likes

Search has stopped again for me. Anyone else?