Seeking resources for transgender ordination

Hello all, this is my first post so please let me know if there is a better place for it!

I’ve just begun considering ordination as a path I want to pursue. It doesn’t seem like an easy life, but definitely the easiest way to live the Dhamma and help others along the path.

However, I don’t want to get my hopes up because I’m a transgender woman, and I know it was only recently that cis women were able to ordain again. (I’m specifically interested in the Thai forest tradition)

I’ve seen other post here discussing this issue theoretically, but I have not found many resources from a practical perspective. I’d prefer to ordain in North America, but am open to other places as well.

Any guidance would be very welcome!
With Metta,
Mimi

9 Likes

https://rainbodhi.org/

Have you seen the resources here yet?

4 Likes

Hi Mimi,

Welcome to the forum! The Watercooler-category is the perfect place to ask your question. :slight_smile:

If you have any other questions or need further clarification regarding anything, feel free to contact the moderators by including @moderators in your post or a PM.

Regards,
Danny (on behalf of the moderators)

1 Like

Hi Mimi, I’ve sent you a pm about this :slight_smile: :nerd_face:

7 Likes

Perhaps you can connect with Venerable @Vimala and/or Venerable @Niyyanika?

The Buddhist Path is not easy, but it repays all the effort we put into it :blush: Wishing you all the best on your journey!

6 Likes

Warm greetings @Mimi ,

Send me a Private Message and I can connect you with a group of trans aspirants and monastic supporters. Ven Vimala is on tudong right now, so it might take them a while to see this.

With kind care and strength,
Ven. Niyyānika (they/them)

niyyanika.org
passaddhivihara.org

8 Likes

Hi Mimi,
welcome to the forum.
Rejoicing in your aspiration. You are fortunate to be living in North America as this seems to provide the best options for trans people at this stage.

I’m part of the Rainbodhi crew in Sydney and the larger Rainbodhi organisation. Feel free to shoot me a message if I can be of use.

It seems Anagārikā Erika and Ven Niyyānika have already connected you up with the info you need.

wishing you peace and happiness
Ven. Pasanna (they/them)

4 Likes

Good luck. :rainbow:

May you have a happy and fruitful ordained life! :hibiscus: :sunflower: :rose: :tulip: :blossom: :cherry_blossom: :lotus:

4 Likes