SN 35.28 Fire sermon, pali + english, in full glory with no peyyāla (omitted repetitions)

In the message right above yours, I have links to audio recordings. I’m not sure what you mean by seeing translated pali. You mean you want to click on the pali word and see a dictionary entry? My FLIPT translation is already doing a crude word for word in order translation. For more detailed dictionary entry, DPR is probably the best way to go. Suttacentral I think shows a short CPED dictionary entry when you hover over the word viewing suttas on there.

1 Like

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to create say a heading…dhammacakka sutta and then a body of text that can reappear/disappear by clicking on a triangle next to the heading…I fluked it but can’t figure out how to redo it, tried Google YouTube but can’t find anything…

Bhante, here is how to do it in html:

if you look in the section with example, click the “try it yourself button” and it will show you a working html example in a new window with a collapsible box you can toggle with a button.

if you were just talking about doing that in a sutta central dd forum posting, when you post a message, in the editor, next to the emoticon smiley face on the toolbar is a settings gear icon, under that menu there is a “hide details” option. That will give you a template like this:

Summary

This text will be hidden

2 Likes

Possibly I’m the only ignoramous in this forum, but finally I’ve found something that has made me happy:

Pali
peyyāla : (nt.) an indication to show that a passage has been omitted.
(Source): BuddhaSasana: Concise Pali-English Dictionary
(Peyyala, Peyyāla: 2 definitions)

4 Likes

Not alone! Had to look it up originally too (the slight misspelling in the OP title didn’t help either). First image that came to mind when I read it was “paella” (some fire sermon sutta tidbits served up on a smoky bed of paella :rice: :wink: ). Not the first term I didn’t know. First few times I skimmed across the term “pericope”, my mind was internally processing it as “periscope” (though I got the gist of how it was being used)! :blush: :

2 Likes

sorry! I’ll correct the spelling in the title right now.

3 Likes