Sutta promos - visual mnemonics

I’d go with “Beneficial?” rather than “Harmful?” in the second step in order to filter out idle chatter too

2 Likes

I love it. Personally, I find the concept clear enough :zipper_mouth_face: …still working on the implementation but.

@moderators, if Bhikkhu @sujato is happy, might this thread merge with sutta-memes-as-images? I was unaware of that thread when I started; it’s the same general idea and already has many great memes.

Hmm… actually the choice is not “Yes” / “No”, but “Harmful” / “Beneficial”. I did think of that after I posted it. But therein lies the rub: the Buddha gave many teachings that rely on complicated logic expressions.

@sujato? :))))))))))))

I’ve been reflecting on AN6.85 pretty much daily for the last two years :slight_smile:

I’ve updated my mnemonic many times, here’s the current version:

3 Likes

Ayya @Pasanna for when we have fresh scalpels.

1 Like

No glue, no scalpel proof-of-concept…

While doing it, I remembered doing origami with my dad a very long time ago. I’d completely forgotten that!

1 Like

Another prod for Sītibhāvasutta AN6.85…

Ajahn Brahmali once said during a death meditation that we’ll quite likely be in massive pain and/or doped up to the eyeballs. Sounds legit, and so recalling high brow theories at that time seems unrealistic. Nice and simple…

1 Like

Some usually solitary rhinos (SNP 1.3) have got together for a quick chat.

2 Likes