SuttaCentral

Suttacentral search broken

6 Likes

@helpdesk-dd and @moderators, could we have a stick post about this? I mean the broken search in general?

3 Likes

This is a serious problem so thanks for reporting

2 Likes

The search has returned to normal.

2 Likes

:thinking: suffering still cannot be found:

https://suttacentral.net/search?query=root%20of%20suffering

4 Likes

nirvana can be found :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

AN9.41:13.2: ‘Why don’t I, going totally beyond the dimension of infinite consciousness, aware that “there is nothing at all”, enter and remain in the dimension of nothingness?’

:meditation:

5 Likes

But I found suffering last night when I couldn’t find vedanā.

5 Likes

:rofl:

We’ve been discussing this in Gitter. Apparently my machine is an arahant and cannot find root of suffering in SuttaCentral. Everybody else’s machine seems to find “root of suffering”. This is quite vexing since engineers cannot fix what they cannot reproduce on their machines. And I’m an engineer who can’t fix what I see on my own machine. :see_no_evil:

I need to find a way to make my machine behave like everyone else’s. My machine has an idiosyncratic view.

:tada:

Problem solved. My machine had a bad cookie. :cookie: :japanese_ogre:
This is a very obscure fix. Apparently if people are having trouble with SC searches that nobody else has, cookies should be deleted. :thinking:

I’ve informed devs, but until a fix is available, different folks may see different results for the same SC search string.

3 Likes

See issue here:

It should be fixed shortly.

3 Likes