Suttacentral search broken

6 Likes

@helpdesk-dd and @moderators, could we have a stick post about this? I mean the broken search in general?

3 Likes

This is a serious problem so thanks for reporting

2 Likes

The search has returned to normal.

2 Likes

:thinking: suffering still cannot be found:

https://suttacentral.net/search?query=root%20of%20suffering

4 Likes

nirvana can be found :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

AN9.41:13.2: ā€˜Why donā€™t I, going totally beyond the dimension of infinite consciousness, aware that ā€œthere is nothing at allā€, enter and remain in the dimension of nothingness?ā€™

:meditation:

5 Likes

But I found suffering last night when I couldnā€™t find vedanā.

5 Likes

:rofl:

Weā€™ve been discussing this in Gitter. Apparently my machine is an arahant and cannot find root of suffering in SuttaCentral. Everybody elseā€™s machine seems to find ā€œroot of sufferingā€. This is quite vexing since engineers cannot fix what they cannot reproduce on their machines. And Iā€™m an engineer who canā€™t fix what I see on my own machine. :see_no_evil:

I need to find a way to make my machine behave like everyone elseā€™s. My machine has an idiosyncratic view.

:tada:

Problem solved. My machine had a bad cookie. :cookie: :japanese_ogre:
This is a very obscure fix. Apparently if people are having trouble with SC searches that nobody else has, cookies should be deleted. :thinking:

Iā€™ve informed devs, but until a fix is available, different folks may see different results for the same SC search string.

3 Likes

See issue here:

It should be fixed shortly.

3 Likes