Text Reader Online

Found this site. It’s okay. I had to make a few changes to the text of the Tears Sutta, changing transmigration to trans-migration, adding a few commas and changing we’re to we are to get it to read better.

This is the amended text to make it read properly, if you want to paste it in to try it. I found the voice of Rod to work best.

Tears

At Savatthi.

“Mendicants, trans-migration has no known beginning.

No first point is found of sentient beings roaming and trans-migrating, hindered by ignorance and fettered by craving.

What do you think?

Which is more?

The flow of tears you’ve shed while roaming and trans-migrating for such a very long time, weeping and wailing from being united with the unloved and separated from the loved, or the water in the four oceans?” “As we understand the Buddha’s teaching, the flow of tears we have shed while roaming and trans-migrating is more than the water in the four oceans.”

“Good, good, mendicants!

It’s good that you understand my teaching like this.

The flow of tears you’ve shed while roaming and trans-migrating is indeed more than the water in the four oceans.

For a long time you’ve undergone the death of a mother, father, brother, sister, son, daughter, loss of relatives, loss of wealth, or loss through illness.

From being united with the unloved and separated from the loved, the flow of tears you’ve shed while roaming and trans-migrating is indeed more than the water in the four oceans.

Why is that?

Trans-migration has no known beginning.

… This is quite enough for you to become disillusioned, dispassionate, and freed from all conditions.”

2 Likes

This one seems to have better pronunciation. This is with the Alice voice. I tried the George voice and it is not as good as Alice

http://www.fromtexttospeech.com

Tears - Sujato - Alice Voice

3 Likes