The pleasure of giving

Hi everyone, it’s been a long time between posts.
I just wanted to share a little bite of the household life with others that are The Path as lay people.
I’ve recently officiated a business (ABN, GST, etc)that I’ve been slowly building up over the past few years in garden services. Strangely enough this has also coincided with me taking a closer look at the Buddha’s teachings on generosity. While I don’t beat myself up about it I’ve never really had much extra to ‘give where there is need’ but always felt that it is a fundamental aspect of what the enlightened one taught and should I get to a point where I could I would…
Without going into details I can confirm that giving, really giving, without any expectation of receiving anything in return is such a genuine honest happiness that it truely helps me sleep well at night and I wish I’d caught onto what the blessed one was talking about much earlier.
Anyways if your on the fence about the whole generosity thing just give it a try and see for yourself.
Thanks to everyone here that freely gives their time and effort to make suttacentral such a positive site in this world. Sadhu Sadhu Sadhu :pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3:

18 Likes

This may be my favourite post in the whole history of the forum. Thanks for giving the time to write it. :pray:

10 Likes

I think giving is better characterised as generosity.