The PTS Converter

You high end techhie types probably are already familiar with this, but when I saw it mentioned in the Watercooler I checked it out and found it cool.

So I add my voice to those of them who wish it could be integrated into SC.

8 Likes

I would second that–this is very helpful. It saves having to click through dozens of suttas trying to bracket into the correct sutta on Suttacentral.

3 Likes

I just made this tool that could save people some time converting PTS to sutta numbers: PTS Reference to Sutta Number Converter

It uses the same data as Sebastians one posted here by Gillian but has a search/copy & paste function. Also you should be able to “add it to home screen” and it should work offline too. Any issues let me know on GitHub if you can.

8 Likes

Cool Tool!
The select option works well, when trying to convert D.i.183 for instance (DN9).
But putting that reference into Search as ‘D.i.183’ brings up an error “Please enter a valid book reference”.
So, what kind of syntax should be used when trying to search?

3 Likes

Thanks.

Enter it exactly like you did except seperate the values with spaces not full stops. So ‘D i 183’. Its case insensitive so ‘d i 183’ would return the same results.

Are there any major publications that printed references in the format you tried? Separated by full stops? If so I’ll add support for it.

4 Likes

I was trying to convert the reference from the Pali Text Society Dictionary entry quoted here.

3 Likes

That’s pretty major! It should work now, with the values seperate by fullstops and/or spaces. Thanks!

6 Likes