There's blank pages where there weren't any before

Well that’s good but also bad!

My guess is that this is related to a recent update we did. It’s probably not the update itself, more likely a cache issue. Although this would not explain why there was a problem in incognito, usually that busts the cache anyway. Hmm.

I suspect that, if the problem also resolves itself for other users, the best we can do is to wait till the next update and hope it doesn’t happen again.

No luck on my part. I found a way to view the source code but not cleanly.

https://pastebin.com/BmgenqFe

Here’s the code, but here’s what I see…

The homepage (suttacentral.net) is blank for me. Red console error: “Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property ‘call’ of undefined
at a (main.js:1)
at Module.631 (74.js:1)
at a (main.js:1)”

This is on a chromeobook.

1 Like

Okay, thanks for that, I will alert our developers and see what can be done.

I have the same problem. Ipad Pro, Safari & Chrome.

@karl_lew @sujato FYI I am on a Buddhist chat group and several people are complaining of blank pages since yesterday. I do not know if this is related or not but just a heads up.

Example: There's blank pages where there weren't any before

2 Likes

Yes I see that as well and there is a D&D thread on that ongoing issue.

@moderators, please move these two posts to that thread to improve coordination of reporting and remediations. :pray:

(the bilara-data restructure is independent of that since the merge hasn’t happened yet)

5 Likes

Hello everyone, I have redeployed and removed the cache. Please see if the problem has been solved!

5 Likes

I think I made some visits to SC, I have not encountered any problem, since the time of first reporting. And, also all doing fine now: iphone, ipad, windows 10:

However. for the sake of testing, I just tested wth Ubuntu linux 18.04 LTS using firefox, not much used and not-updated since intalled, there seems some problem showing some SC pages. Ok, with D&D.

ubuntu:
The page only shows only two "Nala Vagga"s.
E6D3231D-1CA5-4289-BE3A-402CF569A4BA

for comparison:
ipad

1 Like

Thank you, HongDa! That must have been the problem. My iPad now shows the meditation on emptiness, which I find much more immersive than the meditation on blankness.

5 Likes

Thank you for all your hard work :pray:

3 Likes

Thank you for your feedback, I will see if there is the same environment to test :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ammended. I actually can’t pull up any sutta translation pages at all in SC…

It all shows normal, until I click on a specific translation, and then it takes me to a blank page…The page itself is completely blank, apart from the SC header

:slightly_smiling_face:

PS I’m on using chrome on a notebook pc

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback, Viveka. I also don’t know if this can be caused by the big merge surgery that has been performed. I have normal view on my Ubuntu laptop, both with Chrome and Firefox, but not on my Android mobile, neither with Firefox browser nor in @michaelh’s Android app. There I too have blank pages.

2 Likes

It is possible the blank pages are coming from local computer browser cache. You can try CTRL_SHIFT_R to refresh the page completely or clear browser cache as a drastic test.

:thinking: my own iPad no longer shows blank pages. And my Chromebook shows pages as expected as well.

3 Likes

This is the first time, I’ve encountered this problem, hence my questions about associating it with the ‘surgery’ :smiley:

Will try you r suggestions

ALL FIXED :smiley:

3 Likes

Also working fine now—it just took a while… :hourglass_flowing_sand: —patience sometimes pays off!

3 Likes

We’ve just pushed a refresh to the front end, please let us know if any problem persists

5 Likes

Namaste :pray: I’m using Safari on iPadOS 13.4. All Sutta pages do not show up. I can search or navigate through the drop down to a Sutta, but there’s no content. Like this:

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum, @Dev . I hope you find lots to interest you here.

I’m sure one of the ‘techhies’ will respond to your queries.
Tho I fear this isn’t good news as we’ve just had an upgrade that we hoped would deal with things like these.

I clearly wasn’t paying attention this morning. :frowning: None of this refers to D&D.

2 Likes