There's blank pages where there weren't any before

I have the same problem. Ipad Pro, Safari & Chrome.

@karl_lew @sujato FYI I am on a Buddhist chat group and several people are complaining of blank pages since yesterday. I do not know if this is related or not but just a heads up.

Example: There's blank pages where there weren't any before

2 Likes

Yes I see that as well and there is a D&D thread on that ongoing issue.

@moderators, please move these two posts to that thread to improve coordination of reporting and remediations. :pray:

(the bilara-data restructure is independent of that since the merge hasnā€™t happened yet)

5 Likes

Hello everyone, I have redeployed and removed the cache. Please see if the problem has been solved!

5 Likes

I think I made some visits to SC, I have not encountered any problem, since the time of first reporting. And, also all doing fine now: iphone, ipad, windows 10:

However. for the sake of testing, I just tested wth Ubuntu linux 18.04 LTS using firefox, not much used and not-updated since intalled, there seems some problem showing some SC pages. Ok, with D&D.

ubuntu:
The page only shows only two "Nala Vagga"s.
E6D3231D-1CA5-4289-BE3A-402CF569A4BA

for comparison:
ipad

1 Like

Thank you, HongDa! That must have been the problem. My iPad now shows the meditation on emptiness, which I find much more immersive than the meditation on blankness.

5 Likes

Thank you for all your hard work :pray:

3 Likes

Thank you for your feedback, I will see if there is the same environment to test :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ammended. I actually canā€™t pull up any sutta translation pages at all in SCā€¦

It all shows normal, until I click on a specific translation, and then it takes me to a blank pageā€¦The page itself is completely blank, apart from the SC header

:slightly_smiling_face:

PS Iā€™m on using chrome on a notebook pc

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback, Viveka. I also donā€™t know if this can be caused by the big merge surgery that has been performed. I have normal view on my Ubuntu laptop, both with Chrome and Firefox, but not on my Android mobile, neither with Firefox browser nor in @michaelhā€™s Android app. There I too have blank pages.

2 Likes

It is possible the blank pages are coming from local computer browser cache. You can try CTRL_SHIFT_R to refresh the page completely or clear browser cache as a drastic test.

:thinking: my own iPad no longer shows blank pages. And my Chromebook shows pages as expected as well.

3 Likes

This is the first time, Iā€™ve encountered this problem, hence my questions about associating it with the ā€˜surgeryā€™ :smiley:

Will try you r suggestions

ALL FIXED :smiley:

3 Likes

Also working fine nowā€”it just took a whileā€¦ :hourglass_flowing_sand: ā€”patience sometimes pays off!

3 Likes

Weā€™ve just pushed a refresh to the front end, please let us know if any problem persists

5 Likes

Namaste :pray: Iā€™m using Safari on iPadOS 13.4. All Sutta pages do not show up. I can search or navigate through the drop down to a Sutta, but thereā€™s no content. Like this:

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum, @Dev . I hope you find lots to interest you here.

Iā€™m sure one of the ā€˜techhiesā€™ will respond to your queries.
Tho I fear this isnā€™t good news as weā€™ve just had an upgrade that we hoped would deal with things like these.

I clearly wasnā€™t paying attention this morning. :frowning: None of this refers to D&D.

2 Likes

Hi Dev, sorry about that! Itā€™s working fine for me, so this may be a Safari-specific issue. Unfortunately our dev team doesnā€™t use mac, so testing is a bit lax in that department.

If possible, can you go through the usual things:

• refresh
  • hard refresh
  • clear cache
  • try another browser on the same device (they all use the same rendering engine on Apple devices, so I suspect the same issue will show up.)

If after this the issue is not fixed, if possible can you send the error message from your console? I have no idea how to get that on an iPad, but normally you right-click, inspect element, view console and there will be an error.

Of course I tried all the usual remedies. Nothing affected the issue. Brave browser renders the Sutta pages fine, so itā€™s a Safari iPadOS issue. Donā€™t have Macs? Are you joking?

Sorry about the slow response. Is it still broken for you?

No, Iā€™m not joking: no-one on the core SC team has any kind of Apple device. It doesnā€™t help with testing, thatā€™s for sure!

2 Likes

Yup, as blank as my mind when meditating, haha.

Āūį¹ Śakti Āūį¹

Ādyaśakti Svāmī

1 Like